Configuring the FT-1000MP for
USB-side Operation in the Packet Mode
for MARS Operation
Although the FT-1000MP’s Mode selection does not allow the use of
USB-side injection during “PKT” (Packet) operation, it is possible,
through Menu programming of the parameters of the “User” key, to
configure the FT-1000MP for USB-side injection in the Packet operating
mode for MARS use.
1. Enter the “Menu” mode by pushing and holding in the [FAST] key and
then pushing the [ENT] key on the keypad momentarily.
2. Rotate the [MEM/VFO CH] knob to select Menu Item 8-6.
3. Now set up the parameters in each category shown below. These
parameters will shift the various oscillators, while in the “PKT/LSB”
mode, so as to place them at the frequencies they would be in if there
were a dedicated “PKT/USB” mode. In effect, you are creating such a mode
by using the “USER” key setup capability.
Mode Disp. Offset RX-PLL RX-CAR TX-PLL TX-CAR*
PKT LO +2.125 kHz +2.210 kHz 452.790 kHz +2.210 kHz 452.790 kHz
* Prior to Production Lot #05, the value for “TX CAR” could not be set
456.300 kHz. For these earlier versions, the use of 456.300 kHz should
produce entirely satisfactory results.
4. Push the [ENT] key momentarily to save your new settings and exit to
normal operation. The “User” mode is now configured for pseudo-USB
operation in the AFSK (Packet) operating mode.
This site was last updated